onsdag 22 oktober 2008

Maybe I should just get myself a trumpet and do jazz.

Another day starts out well..

..and turns into poo. I think the combination of having a really bad cold, 2 violin lessons (classical/folk) in one morning, lots of boring classical practice with no breaks, then class lessons in the same room for about 3 hours, ensemble, food then more class lessons didn't turn out too well. I want to leave again. But I am going home in 2 days so that's a good thing. My teacher is arranging for me to visit malung to see what the course is like there, which could perhaps also be another option for me, who knows.

But yeah, I feel like the class lessons wasted alot of my time to practice etc today, as I feel frequently, it's very frustrating. But it's also frustrating that more often than not ensemble practice leaves me feeling shit and stopping me from practicing in my free time later. Basically ruins my day a little, like now I don't feel like doing anything, even laundry which I need to do. Jonas talked to me for ages (trying to make me feel better, worse, I don't actually know) about what's going wrong, but I didn't take much in i don't think, he's very cryptic, you would think that's impossible when speaking the simplest English. Regardless, felt shit anyway.

I'm getting increasingly sick of these bouts of lowness, and am starting to wonder if there is actually anything that will help, like moving courses etc. I'm starting to think it isn't because of where I am or what I am doing at all. That really sucks. This all sucks quite badly. What else sucks is that wednesday is party night in Bollnäs. I was actually going to have one, like a moving in party, but that's not going to happen now. I bet people will show up though, being how they are here.

So anyway there are literally concerts all the time, yesterday our choir had a lunchtime concert to some randomers, which was quite bad on my part because of my cold, my voice was wobbly like jelly, but also just generally coming in at the wrong places and singing wrong things because I should have been in bed really, I just like singing in choir it's fun. And last night was ok, I felt a bit better so went to the jazz club, was impressed by the main band but even more by the Bollnäs folkhögskola jazz pupils that played first.

Maybe I should just get myself a trumpet and do jazz.
Love Anna
xxx

p.s. reading back on this, maybe singer/songwriter would be more my scene.

1 kommentar:

Marit sa...

haha, i think you are far too cheery for singersongwriting actually. Looking foward to talking all this through with you when you are here! CUDDLES xxx