torsdag 16 oktober 2008

Concerts and goings on...

It's concert central round here, last night we (literally, there were 3 stages set up in the same big hall and we had to move from one to the other) concert hopped from bertil's magnificent saxohphone solo Joel's beautiful songs, to weird and unexpected (and very loud) suprise jazz. So that was really nice, then massive parties of course as it's wednesday night...and some other weird goings on.
Tonight I performed in a big concert in the church with the spelmanslag and a choir, but I wasn't expecting the whole shabang of eating little paper things/jesus' body and drinking holy wine/blood....but I should have known. I am really not good at those moments of silence and prayers (in swedish),and trying so hard not to laugh or something, and hymns in swedish, though that was slightly better, I could see the words written down. At one point I even got in the way when the priest was trying to get through...when we got off stage it was relieving.
Anyway, now I am in my friend Lina's room, with Elsa and Jonas, they are playing music. Lina has started playing the fiddle this summer and she is stupidly good at it, like seriously it's hard to believe! I give her lessons on sundays sometimes. Maybe we'll toast some marshmallows later...
My brain is a bit like a marshmallow after today, I learned 5 new difficult tunes from a guy called Haidy(?) who came to teach instead of Jonas who was ill (he is always ill). I was a bit dissapointed (besviken, word of today) that Jonas wouldn't come because last week we talked about loads of stuff and I don't want to wait another week to find out if he's managed to sort anything out. But maybe I will just ring/email him or something. And i'm coming home next saturday! I really se fram emot det, look forward to it.

God Natt!
Love Anna
xxx

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

did you eat any marshmallows? thanks for your braging about my fiddleplay. I blush( rodnar). Sunday we play again maybe?
Nu ska jag sova baby. God natt!! xxx

Marit sa...

Heidi Prett! Han e asbra! Jag vill ha lektion med Olof och Jonas...argh. Fast Stewart Hardy e inte så illa han heller.