fredag 21 november 2008

up/down/up/down/up

is how i'm feeling lately! just about got over a bad chesty cough thing-it hurt to breath! And apart from that i've been entirely stressed out about alot of things to do with what i'm going to do with my life etc. It's a proper bummer that i'm english, the education system sucks and is ballsing my life up at the moment. Basically go to uni in september, or perhaps not get in ever again (because i will have forgotten stuff i did at a-level). If I don't go it means i basically wasted 2 years doing a-levels which were a living hell.

In sweden you can pretty much study anything, anytime. I feel like i'm forced to choose between music and a career or something. All I know is right now, I feel more free than I've ever felt and it's great to concentrate solely on the only thing I love doing. And I love being in Sweden. It just feels like I want to stay, therefore not go to university in england or scotland. But then comes money problems. I can't get funding for studying here unless, for example, I've officially lived here for 2 years, or I get married to someone here..
But I guess it still is an option. (studying I mean.)
And on top of that..things are still stressing me out, like concert tomorrow which 4 of us are doing, getting paid equivalent of around £50 EACH! For 30mins! In sweden they don't think that's alot...! But we just finished rehearsing for this evening and things look more positive. Then there's christmas concerts which are stressful now but they will probably be ok once we get into working on them.
One positive thing is I've been selected as 'Lucia' for the school christmas concert, which is like a saint and a really big thing in sweden. I have to have candles on my head and walk around with my hands in prayer. Wahoo! I've also decided to do more classical music here, so take some of those lessons too because I think it will be good for me. And I would like to.




So I'm gonna get an earlyish night, and go swimming tomorrow morning. (Not in the lake, obviously, it's frozen now)

Love Anna
XXX
p.s. I really wish I had some clogs.

2 kommentarer:

Marit sa...

I knew you'd be selected as Lucia!
Grattis :)
/Marit

Rosie sa...

If it helps Anna, once you're at uni you really don't need any of the stuff you did at A-Level, it's more a benchmark of achievement with the grades, which you have, so you're ok. x