torsdag 6 november 2008

My classical exercises make me cry.

I've been back in England for quite a while now, almost 2 weeks and I havn't blogged at all though I've been meaning to. It feels like I never went to Sweden, very strange.

So before I left it was (early) halloween in Bollnäs, we had a big fancy dress party, and unlike me I actually made an effort for once, which paid off as I was the scariest! Got a bit too drunk though, and had to get up for a lesson at 9 with Jens Comen from Hoven Droven on friday. But I managed and it was good. Then I packed and gradually saw people leaving, and there were about 12 people left at dinner, which felt quite sad really, although I knew it was only for the holiday.

Then had an interesting journey home on saturday, well I often find long journeys interesting (things you see, people you meet). This journey was comprised of 3 trains, a bus, a plane, 3 more trains and a car journey. I got home at about 11pm to find mended drawers (thanks helm), and all my clothes piled up on my bed. The next day we went for a nice walk up padley gorge and a cream tea at the top which was nice.



The next day I caught the train up to newcastle to visit Rowan, Marit, Lucy and everyone else there. As soon as I got there I went to the sage for a coffee and listened to fiddle band (with Catriona Macdonald!) rehearsing. Saw Matty who was suitably shocked to see me in newcastle and then Rowan and Marit came and we went for a drink with Catriona afterwards. It was really nice to catch up after all these years. We then went to rapper practice at the Egypt Cottage where Lucy and Tom were and I hugged Lucy for about 15 minutes. The rest of the week was spent Bowling with Rowan's new university friends, scandinavian sessioning at the Cumberland Arms, going to the music student's weekly concert (with fidola), going to the university choir (free wine), sessioning at the egypt and occasionally watching Jeremy Kyle with Tom (he doesn't have a job yet), and neighbours! I've really missed that. Oh, I forgot we also had a secret garden themed party where people were supposed to dress up as all the characters and speak in quotes, but only Lucy put any effort into that.

On friday me, Rowan and Marit travelled to Sheffield for the folk festival where they were performing, and just about got there due to Rowan's reading incapability. Spent way too much time at doncaster train station - the worst place in the world - in the past week for my liking. Though you can get name numberplates from the shop there, Rowan got 'Ryan' and I looked for 'Brian' but they didn't have it. Apparently people in Doncaster aren't called 'Brian' anymore. Anyway, James finally arrived in grindleford at 11pm for the weekend, and we saw Jack on saturday, then went to Padley Bonfire which was cosy, and played some very very cold music. All the neighbours were impressed, as they are. Best weekend ever! But then James had to go on Sunday because of his course in Edinburgh, which is too far away, and also £60 to get to, which is why I won't be there this weekend. :( Then me and Rowan had some Rowan and Anna time, watching Little House on the Prairie. Then she went home.

Since then, I have mostly been doing ucas ucas ucas, trying to make some definitive decisions, occasionaly baking, going to the hairdressers with Cath and staying up all night watching the US election which was very exciting. I am currently considering Edinburgh (I've spent all morning looking through the prospectus which came through the door today, and suddenly it was 2pm and i still wasn't dressed). Though at the same time I feel very lazy and go out for a walk, but then the weather gets shitty. I suppose I should make an effort to see my school friends, but something is holding me back. I'm about to start crocheting some wrist warmers for my next door neighbour's birthday which was yesterday.

At the moment I want to do Neuroscience.

Love Anna

xxx

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

nice to read all that. I'm not convinced my hair is any different and I've got your new crochet hook in my coat pocket but will be back with it friday night Cath X