torsdag 18 september 2008

The Wobbles and Woes of Anna-Christine in Bollnäs..

..and other things which aren't so bad, but:

Woes (I'm sorry but I have to have a good complain):
  • I have an ulcer in my mouth, probably from eating too many sweets, or brushing a bit too well after eating too many sweets. It also hurts a bit because I wore my retainer for the first time in about a year. I went to the apotheke and got some stuff to put on it which is a bit like bonjela, hopefully this will help.
  • Just about 15 minutes ago I got pins and needles in my finger and it's not gone away yet..and I get paranoid about these things. (And I've been playing non-stop today, like literally only just stopped.) That's probably why then.
  • I have money problems, well more like problems with being able to find out how much money I have and stuff like that, bloody banks!
  • I have a cold.
  • I didn't say a whole lot of things to Jonas (my teacher) today, but i will email him.
  • I miss James, and Rowan, and Cath (not so much, saw her on saturday), and Helm, and Lucy. And Notso.

Wobbles (not so many actually):

  • My chin rest started wobbling/creaking a little bit today, I don't know how this has happened and it doesn't seem that bad, but as I said, I'm paranoid about these things. If only helm was here.
  • My bow is still on the verge of losing all its hair in one fell swoop but that's ok because Helm sent me a new one and this one is quite good, thanks.
  • Felt a bit wobbly earlier, but I think that was because I drank too much coffee. (I had an only coffee day today, weird.)

Other happenings/Things to happen:

  • Me and Elin (a girl from classical) spontaneously performed at the open mic concert the other night which went down really well and was really enjoyable.
  • We (my class) have been asked to do a concert for an hour tomorrow morning, for some brain damaged people who have been staying here this week. That's what we have just been practicing for most of today as I only found out yesterday because I was in Göteborg. So we're sorted for that, should be fun. There are only 4 of us doing it though, as the rest are away in Stockholm having lessons.
  • We watched 'Frida' last night (about the artist Frida Kahlo) which was good.
  • We've just decided to arrange a dance evening next week at some point.
  • Been playing in gympasalen (the gym) alot lately, as it sounds so good in there and today lots of jazz people came in and listened and joined in and we had a bit of a jam which was nice...ahh all types of music, coming together as one. But shit me, there are some talented people here, especially in jazz, they took over the open mic the other night and i'm always impressed.
  • I still have the pins and needles feeling in my finger. It reminds me of that Roald Dahl story...damn which one..about geese or something? ahh 'the magic finger'! Google just reminded me. I used to like that, we had it on tape...anyway...

I'm sure I have missed something out..but there are always more blogs.

Love Anna

XXX

3 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

Hej! Nice post, even though it is wobbly. More importantly - how do you get the cool flower bullet points? We've moved into our new house, and it's brilliant, and Lucy is living up the road as her original flat had bed bugs so they've moved. Well good. Will blog about it soon, and take some pics of the flat to show you. XX

Rosie sa...

Hej Anna, or should I say Salut! I'm living in France for the autumn, in the Jura mountains, greener than but near the alps. I went to Geneva today and dangled my feet in the lake! Anyways, I'm in Sweden in February and hopefully taking a trip to Stockholm - unlikely I'll make it to Bollnas but how do you fancy a weekend in Stockholm - we could stay in a hostel or something? I'll have my friend Rachael with me, we'll have goood times. What do you think? xxx

Anonym sa...

Hi Anna
Great blogging ! It's lovely to hear all your wobbles and woes and whoops.
Take care of that finger - its probably adjusting to so much playing. HELM is glad to hear the bow arrived safely.
We are staying at a little hotel on the shores of Lake Maggiore just over the border into Switzerland - its fab. Last night I ate noodles with Stein Pilze and that was great. There is a flea market to explore this morning _ I will blog photos when I get back.

lots of love - and take care Cath & Helm